No purchase required – Non-renewable – No need to cancel
A home is one of the most expensive purchases you’ll ever make in your lifetime. You may spend time, money, and effort to find the best interior designer, furniture, and appliances to create a haven that you can look forward to after a hard day’s work.
But what happens when your most precious possessions are lost or destroyed due to unexpected perils? It may only take one incident. For example, The Straits Times reported that a young couple lost almost all of their belongings in a fire due to an explosion of their home refrigerator.
As they did not purchase any home insurance, they had to seek donations from friends to replace their furniture and appliances1.
As such, it makes perfect sense to get insurance to cover home contents and improvements.
Ohmyhome is pleased to announce a collaboration with Aviva to provide Ohmyhome’s customers with Aviva’s one-year Home Contents Insurance, with coverage of up to S$130,000.
The best part? It is absolutely FREE!
^Details of the free coverage:
- Up to S$20,000 on household contents
- Up to S$50,000 on renovations, fixtures, and fittings
- Up to S$50,000 on family worldwide liability
- Up to S$10,000 on alternative accommodation or loss of rent
Call Ohmyhome at 6886 9009 for details on the offer.
FAQs on Aviva’s Free Home Contents Insurance
1. Under what circumstances can I make a claim using this free coverage?
The Perils that you can claim for include:
- Earthquake and Lightning
- Bursting or overflowing of water pipes or household apparatus
- Vehicle impact
- Riot, strike or civil commotion
2. How long is this plan valid for?
This is a one-year complimentary cover and it is non-renewable. Therefore you do not have to worry about incurring any fees after 12 months.
3. Can I exchange it for cash instead?
No, as this is a complimentary cover.
4. If I have an existing Home Content Insurance plan with Aviva, can I still apply for this?
No, as you would only be able to claim under a single policy. In such cases, Aviva can offer you a free Personal Accident plan with S$50,000 coverage instead.
4. How do I sign up for this plan?
We would need your name and contact number so our specialist can call you to arrange for a preferred time to complete an application with an Aviva Relationship Consultant.
1. Source: The Straits Times © Singapore Press Holdings. Extracted with permission. “Young couple get help after losing nearly everything in house fire” 20 April 2017,
Terms and conditions apply. The above products are underwritten by Aviva. Ohmyhome is not an insurance agent or intermediary and is not allowed to solicit any insurance business or give advice on or recommend any product nor be involved in any discussions or negotiations between you and Aviva or in the arrangement of any insurance contract between you and Aviva. Please direct all insurance enquiries to Aviva.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Aviva Ltd or visit the General Insurance Association or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg). Information is accurate as of September 2021.