Project Name: Amber Sea
Location: 30 Amber Gardens
Developer: Urban Park Pte Ltd (Far East Organization)
Type of development/Tenure: Private condominium/Freehold
District/Planning Area: D15/Marine Parade/East Coast
Units/mix: 132/1-4 bedrooms and penthouses
Site area: 40,917 sq ft
If you’re someone who prefers to live near the sea and away from the concrete jungle of the central business district, Amber Sea may just be the development for you.
Located on the east coast of Singapore, Marine Parade to be exact, this area has long been a coveted residential address by both locals and expatriates alike for its proximity to sand and sea and a general laid-back vibe. Many people say that once you’ve lived in this area, it’s hard to move away.
Amber Sea, a freehold condominium being developed by a subsidiary of Far East Organization, will rise on the former Amber Glades site, which was purchased in 2011 by Far East Organization for $118.1 million through a collective sale.
The 40,917 square feet (sq ft) site has a potential gross floor area of 114,568 sq ft.
Redevelopment is scheduled to complete in 2023 and is to feature a single 22-storey block comprising 132 residential units that range from one- to four-bedroom units (410-1626 sqft), a duplex villa (2,638 sq ft) and penthouse with a private parking lot (4,050 sq ft).
To those who will be driving, the site is about 8 minutes away from East Coast Park, 11 mins to CBD and 14 mins to Changi Airport via the major motorways East Coast Parkway, Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway and Pan Island Expressway.
Residents here also enjoy the connectivity that the whole country enjoys via numerous buses going to all other points of the island.
Moreover, an MRT station is being built currently, Tanjong Katong station, which is a seven-minute walk away from Amber Sea. This station is expected to be completed in 2024 and is part of the Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL).
The Amber precinct site of this District 15 development is actually quite small, comprising two perpendicular roads (Amber Gardens and Amber Road) of about 500 metres each. The neighbourhood hosts a slew of other freehold condos, such as Amber Park and Nyon, and is quite popular among the expatriate crowd.
Comparison against other freehold condos in the same area
Amber Sea is across Amber Park (also a new freehold condo), which sold 105 of its 592 units on its launch weekend in May 2019 at an average price of $2,425 per square foot (psf). Currently, prices are at $2,455 psf, according to the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s data.
Other new freehold condos in the near vicinity include Nyon and Coastline Residences, both of which will be completed in 2022. Average prices here are $2,455 psf and $2,475 psf, respectively.
Here are the indicative guide prices for Amber sea units, which may be subject to changes.
Top 3 reasons to invest in Amber Sea
1. Marine Parade location, close to East Coast Park, Katong and Joo Chiat
One of the star features of Amber Sea has got to be its proximity to the beach. East Coast Park, Singapore’s most treasured urban getaway, is a brisk 10-minute walk from the condo.
ECP is a favourite spot among locals and expats who travel from all over the city for a chance to hang out beachside via picnics or barbecues. It’s also a place for biking, running, inline skating and other water sport activities, as well as tai chi.
Amber Sea will also be near Katong, known for its restaurants offering Peranakan food, and Joo Chiat, an area rich in Peranakan culture. Heritage buildings, galleries, and museums here will introduce you to the history of old-world Singapore.
Some places to check out in the area:
- the Eurasian Heritage Gallery, if you want to learn more about the Eurasian community’s most prominent personalities, history and culture;
- the Straits Enclave or The Intan, private museums featuring heirlooms and precious antiques collected from generations of Peranakans. Peranakans are descendants of Chinese traders who settled in Penang and Singapore in the 19th century, generally from a higher socio-economic class than other Chinese immigrants;
- there are also streets and alleys filled with Insta-worthy wall art
2. Proximity to business districts
Amber Sea is less than 15 minutes away by car from the CBD, Marina Bay, Changi Airport, Suntec City and Raffles Place.
It enjoys access to the whole of Singapore via the East Coast Parkway — you can be on the Kallang Paya-Lebar Expressway and Marina Coastal Expressway within five minutes.
3. Surrounded by schools and recreational spaces
Families with growing kids will appreciate being a few minutes’ drive away from prestigious schools, including Chung Cheng High School (Main), United World College (UWC) of South East Asia and Chatsworth International School.
- St Hilda’s Kindergarten (5-min drive)
- Dreamkids Kindergarten (6-min drive)
- Zhicheng Private School (4-min walk)
- Tanjong Katong Primary School (7-min walk)
- Tao Nan School (6-min drive)
- Tanjong Katong Secondary School (4-min drive)
- Chung Cheng High School (Main) (4-min drive)
- Tanjong Katong Girls’ School (6-min drive)
- Haig Girls’ School (8-min drive)
- St Patrick’s School (10-min drive)
- Canadian International School (9-min walk)
- UWC South East Asia (East Campus) (21-min drive)
- Chatsworth International School (25-min drive)
Things to do
Shop: Katong V (7-min walk), i12 Katong (10-min walk), Parkway Parade (15-min walk) and Little Farms (12-min walk)
Play: Nature Play Garden (4-min drive), Marine Cove Playground (7-min drive) and Singapore Wake Park (9-min drive)
Learn: Marine Parade Library (4-min drive)
Where to eat
Satisfy your cravings with seafood, classic Peranakan cuisine or the laksa that won over Gordon Ramsey at these restaurants:
- 328 Katong Laksa (8-min walk)
- Sinpopo Brand (11-min walk)
- Marine Parade Central Market and Food Centre (6-min drive)
- SandBank (6-min drive)
- East Coast Lagoon Food Village (7-min drive)
- Jumbo Seafood (9-min drive)
- P.S. Cafe by the sea (10-min drive)
Interested in this development? Get in touch with an Ohmyhome Super Agent by phone at 6886 9009 or book a callback with our Relationship Managers.
Frequently asked questions about Amber Sea
Who is the developer of Amber Sea?
The Far East Organization group is the developer behind Amber Sea. They are the same group behind One Holland Village Residences, The Scotts Tower and Skyline @ Orchard Boulevard among many others.
What is the selling price of Amber Sea?
According to the recent private home developers’ sales, the average selling price in this development could start from $2,500 per square foot.
When will Amber Sea obtain its Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP)?
The TOP is expected in 2026.