It’s official: the COVID-19 circuit breaker measures have been extended till 1 June 2020.
“The measures that we’ve just announced will be in place till 4 May. Beyond that, we will continue with the circuit breaker for another four weeks to 1 June,” said Minister Lawrence Wong.
Everyone should stay at home as much as possible. There are only a few exceptions to this:
3 Reasons to Leave Your Home:
- Buying food
- Purchasing daily essentials
- Urgent medical needs
3 Reasons That You Can Go Out with a Company:
- You need to accompany a senior
- You will assist a person with a disability
- You will go along with young children to complete a certain task
What are the other revisions included in the extended circuit breaker measures?
3 Changes in the Measures
- If you must leave your house, do it alone.
- If you need to exercise outside, do so alone in your immediate neighbourhood.
- Do not go to other parts of Singapore without a valid reason.
There are stricter limits on accessing areas susceptible to crowding.
4 Popular Wet Markets with New Restrictions
- Geylang Serai Market
- Blk 505 Jurong West St 52
- Blk 20/21 Marsiling Lane
- Chong Pang Market in Yishun Ring Road
Entry will be permitted on alternate dates, depending on the last digit of your NRIC/FIN:
- If the last digit of your NRIC is an odd number, you will only be allowed to enter on odd dates of the month.
- If the last digit of your NRIC is an even number, you will only be allowed to enter on even dates of the month.
The government encourages everyone to observe these measures strictly so that we can quickly break the chain of community transmissions and bring down the number of cases.
What does this mean for those planning to transact their properties after 4 May 2020? During circuit breaker measures, you are not allowed to visit other houses, hence, physical home viewings are still not allowed.
It’s a good thing that you can take advantage of Ohmyhome’s virtual property tours.
Download Ohmyhome from the Play Store or App Store now!