The COVID-19 pandemic has caught many of us by surprise and presented many daunting challenges. This is even more so for TOUCH beneficiaries whose circumstances are a daily struggle.
TOUCH Community Services is a not-for-profit charity organisation in Singapore. Officially registered in 1992, TOUCH has been a member of the National Council of Social Service since 1994. Over the years, the organisation has reached out to many individuals from all religions and races, including children, youths, families, people with special and healthcare needs, and the elderly.
Ohmyhome has been in partnership with TOUCH over the years.
TOUCH has launched the TOUCH Emergency Relief Fund to ensure that the vulnerable in our society are not left behind during this crisis. They need your support more than ever to help them through this difficult time.
1. Low-income Families
Around 200 breadwinners from low-income families have lost their jobs or face significant wage cuts due to COVID-19. With that:
- TOUCH provide financial aid of $300 over three months
- These families depend on less than $1,900 per month for their household, or per capital income of $650 and below
- Many have no financial buffer and face multiple stress points in their life
- Families struggle to provide digital devices such as laptops and broadband subscription for their child to continue learning without disruption
TOUCH serves some 7,000 elderly, of which more than 450 are frail and homebound who require immediate, continued, and assisted care on a long-term basis:
- TOUCH will distribute hygiene and essential food packs. Hygiene packs include masks, anti-bacterial wet wipes, etc., while food packs include healthy staples such as bread, egg, rice, etc.
- TOUCH continues to deliver daily meals to elderly beneficiaries aged 65 years and above who are identified as high-risk or low mobility during this period.
How can you partner with TOUCH?
TOUCH is aiming to raise $850,000 to support these two groups of beneficiaries.
As of 16 April 2020, TOUCH has only raised 11% of our fundraising goal. Your generous donation will greatly ease the stress of their beneficiaries during this time.
Two ways to donate to TOUCH:
- Corporate; or
- Engage employees to raise funds through our website
Undoubtedly, we need to stand together during this global crisis, and your support will ensure that a family has food on the table and that the elderly have sustained care at home.
Donations towards Persons with Intellectual Disabilities and Seniors will be matched by the Singapore government under the Community Silver Trust. Every dollar you give becomes two dollars towards their cause.
All donations made are eligible for:
- 250% tax deduction
- Will be automatically included in your tax assessment if you’ve given your NRIC/FIN/Company UEN.