Applications for the Open Booking of Flats are now open – 25 March 2020, Wednesday, 12:00am.
These flats are unselected ones from the Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercises which are initially unsold Build-To-Order (BTO) flats. SBF exercises happen twice a year in May and November.
Advantages of Open Booking of Flats
There’s no need to go through another round of balloting with Open Booking of Flats; home-seekers are able to select their flat as soon as the next working day after application. This helps those with urgent needs to access flats more quickly, especially vulnerable groups such as unwed single parents and seniors.
What’s the application process?
Potential buyers can:
- View the listing of these flats anytime,
- Apply online and receive a queue number for flat booking on a first-come-first-served basis, and
- Book a unit as early as the next working day, where possible.
Before applying you’re advised to do the following:
- Eligibility Check: https://hdb.sg/EligibilityCheck
- Financial Planning: https://hdb.sg/SalesFinancialPlan
You should also do your research about the town and estate you’re deciding on – from location, surrounding land use, proposed facilities, to upcoming developments.
Considering a resale flat instead?
Our HDB Buyer Agent Service provides complete service from searching, viewings and negotiations, paperwork to handover. Let our team of experienced property agents assist you!