Home staging highlights the best features of your home, and it’s a proven marketing strategy to find a home buyer in the shortest time possible. This involves everything from cleaning up and re-arranging furniture to repainting walls and baking bread during viewings so that the house smells irresistibly welcoming.
Here are 3 benefits of home staging:
1. Sell your home faster
For those in a hurry, home staging can help you sell your house quickly. In the soft property market, home staging might be the X-factor that gets a property sold quicker. On average, staged homes sell 88% faster.
2. Increase your home value
Home staging can get you more money for your home sale. Moreover, evidence shows it’s usually well worth the effort. On average, staged homes sell for 20% more than nonstaged ones.
3. Enjoy more savings
The biggest savings is selling your home faster, at a better price, and without months of carrying costs because your house was staged correctly and buyer-ready.
Here are some do-it-yourself (DIY) home staging tricks to try:
- Use floor-to-ceiling curtains to make rooms feel taller
- Install mirrors to make rooms seem bigger
- Use a neutral palette with colourful accessories. It is best to go for white then layer on top of that
- Let your home breathe, don’t over-accessorise to fill the space
- Highlight an aspect of the house which you think adds value to it
- If a room is small, like a bedroom, get a little seating area to make it feel bigger than it is
- Put dimmer switches on lights so you can create the mood for evening viewings
- Add bowls of fresh lemons or apples to liven up the space with a pop of colour
Here are some DIY home staging mistakes to avoid:
- Outdated decor. It won’t appeal to most buyers who are looking for a fresh start.
- Extreme colours or patterns on walls, floor, or furniture. People have different colour preferences.
- Frayed upholstery, heavy drapery, and hundreds of family photos. You need to depersonalise, so it is easier for the potential buyers to envision themselves inside.
Our Super Agents can help you figure out what exactly you need to do to beautify your home before taking photos for your listing. They can also help you sell your home for a high price in no time, hassle-free.
Our Super Agents are CEA-certified and among the Top 1% in Singapore. With more than 8,000 happy customers served, we’ve garnered 4-star ratings on both Facebook and Google! Because at Ohmyhome, we‘re always by your side, always on your side.
Secure an appointment with any of our Super Agents by contacting us via one of the links below or downloading our app. Let us help you make the best decision for your biggest, most personal asset: your home.