We sell your home at
better prices
record speed
only 1% commission

65% of HDBs and condos sold in a month.

The top 1% of agents in Singapore to help you find your home

That’s why we sold HDBs and condos above market price.

Maximize the sale of your home

Get expert advice with 1% commission, more profit.

No fees until we sell your home*
*Terms & Condition apply.

Priority Scheme for Parents With a Married Child


Follow us on

Join our Telegram channel and follow our Facebook page for the latest property updates.

Written by: Rita Magallona

Do you wish to spend your golden years with your adult children and grandchildren? As you age, you may need their help more often. Or maybe it’s the other way around and your married child welcomes your support and presence.

If you answered “yes” to these questions, then the Married Child Priority Scheme (MCPS) might be a great option for your retirement home.

What is the Married Child Priority Scheme (MCPS)?

The MCPS is a priority scheme designed to keep families together even after the marriage of the child. If you and your co-applicants are eligible, this scheme will give you priority if you want to buy a flat that is near the residence of your married child.

4 Things You Need to Know About the MCPS

Find out if you are qualified for the MCPS.

1. How near should the prospective flat be from the residence of your married child?

The prospective flat should be within four kilometres of the home of your married child. That home can either be an HDB flat or a private residential property.

If your married child does not own a residential property, an immediate family member (child, adopted child, parent(s)-in-law, or siblings) should own it. If your married child owns more than one property, the property they currently reside in will be used for proximity reference.

2. What if, instead of just being near, you want to buy a flat where you can live with your married child, would that qualify?

Planning to move in with your married child? Make sure you include this information in your MCPS application. It will give you a higher priority than if you were applying for a separate flat that is near their residence.

3. Who can apply for the MCPS?

Either you or your married child can apply for MCPS. All that is needed is for you or your married child to be a Singapore citizen (SC) or a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR). Also, the flat you want should be near their flat. Check if you qualify for the Proximity Housing Grant.

4. How long should your married child live in the flat with you?

The required minimum occupation period is five years. This means you should continue to reside with the married child who helped you qualify for the MCPS for the next five years after you have acquired your new home.

Do you have grandkids? If you plan to live in the same flat with your married child and their children, check out these tips for a child-friendly home. Some of these tips also work for homes with senior citizens.

There are numerous benefits to living near extended family, both for seniors and the younger generation. So why not see if the MCPS can bring you closer to your loved ones?

Follow us on

Join our Telegram channel and follow our Facebook page for the latest property updates.

Subscribe to the property newsletter read by 200,000 homies
Get our finest insights sent straight to your inbox. Enter your best email.
Unsubscribe anytime.

Consult an expert for free!

Send us your details and we’ll be in touch within 15 min (daily 9am to 9pm GMT +8).

Our finest insights you'll be looking forward to receive.

Read by 200,000 Homies. Enter your best email below to join in.

Unsubscribe anytime.