What makes Pasir Ris such a coveted place to live? For starters, Pasir Ris has always been known for its laid back vibes. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s at the end of the East Region of Singapore (where it’s not so populated), surrounded by a long stretch of beach, giving residents a peaceful seaside ambiance.
Pasir Ris is a mature estate bordered by Tampines and Paya Lebar to the south, Sengkang to the southwest and Changi to the east. It is part of District 18, categorised under Outside Central Region (OCR). The next BTO exercise of 2020 will take place in May, where units offered are located in Pasir Ris. Let’s find out what this estate has to offer.
Why Choose Pasir Ris When Buying Your BTO:
Currently, there’s Pasir Ris Bus Interchange and Pasir Ris MRT Station, that’s on the East-West Line (EWL) and a bus interchange.
- New MRT stations – Pasir Ris will benefit from three new Cross Island Line (CRL) stations, including an interchange with the EWL at Pasir Ris.
- New railway turnback – Slated to complete in 2023, the turnback will allow for quicker turnaround of trains at Pasir Ris MRT station, resulting in shorter headways to meet future increases in ridership demand.
Pasir Ris has six shopping malls and several recreation areas for you to spend fun-filled family days. Shop and dine at Loyang Point, Pasir Ris Drive 6, White Sands Shopping Centre, Elias Mall, Pasir Ris West Plaza, and NTUC Downtown East. Have fun outdoors at Pasir Ris Park and Beach, Wild Wild Wet, NTUC Downtown East, which have facilities like chalets, theme parks, a bowling alley and a pet-friendly park. There’s also a Sports and Recreation Centre with facilities such as a swimming pool, sports hall (mainly for badminton), street soccer court and also gym.
- New integrated mixed-use development – Situated in Pasir Ris Town Centre featuring a polyclinic, childcare facilities and an integrated transport hub with retail amenities and a town plaza.
- Improved parks – The public can look forward to revamped recreational facilities and play spaces with an overall enhanced coastal park experience.
3. Healthcare, Education, and Employment
Need to see a doctor? There are 12 clinics in Pasir Ris. The nearest hospitals are Changi General Hospital and St. Andrew’s Community Hospital, a 15 minutes’ drive from Pasir Ris Central.
If you’re looking for a school to place your children, you’ll have the luxury of options. There’s a total of seven primary schools, four secondary schools, and one junior college. Expat families, there is an international school too which is the Overseas Family School.
- Expanding industrial areas – Pasir Ris Wafer Fab Park will have new developments, resulting in more jobs closer to home.
- New healthcare institution – A new polyclinic in Pasir Ris Town Centre.
Pasir Ris is definitely the town for you if you appreciate peace and quiet. You really don’t have to go far to do exciting things; there are many existing places here and more to come in the future! While waiting for the handful of future developments to complete, just next door is Tampines, where most of its amenities are already established. Connectivity is gradually improving in Pasir Ris, so you won’t have to worry about living at the East end of the island!
Download Ohmyhome app from Play Store or App Store
Looking for a resale home in Pasir Ris instead? Check out over 10,000 of our genuine and unique listings or search on the go and negotiate with sellers directly, for free!