Wondering whether you are eligible to sell your HDB flat?
From 1 January 2018, HDB flat sellers will need to login to the HDB Resale Portal using their SingPass, to start their selling journey.
The portal will guide flat sellers through the following steps:
- Register Intent to Sell
- Submit Resale Application
- Acknowledge Resale Documents
- Pay Fees (Online Payment)
- Approval of Resale
- Completion of Resale
What is the purpose of registering an Intent to Sell?
The Intent to Sell replaces the Resale Checklist, which was used prior to 1 January 2018. Like the Resale Checklist, registering your intent to sell lets HDB assess your eligibility to sell an HDB flat.
The HDB Resale Portal is capable of confirming your eligibility to sell your flat instantaneously.
Who needs to register an Intent to Sell?
You need to register an intent to sell if you do not have a valid Resale Checklist, and have not registered an Intent to Sell. If there are more than one flat owners, only one of you will need to login to the HDB Resale Portal to register the Intent to Sell. Salespersons are not allowed to register the Intent to Sell on Seller’s behalf.
- Your Intent to Sell is valid for 12 months. You will need to re-apply an Intent to Sell if you do not submit your resale application within 12 months.
What are the steps in registering Intent to Sell?
- Register your intent to sell now in the HDB Resale Portal.
- Log in using your SingPass
- Fill in the required details. You need to ensure that your details are accurate. Your resale application will be rejected if the details submitted are different from that indicated in your Intent to Sell.
- HDB will assess your eligibility to sell an HDB flat.
- The result will be generated from the Intent to Sell, this is based on information provided. It offers an indication of your eligibility, and does not constitute an approval by HDB. Your eligibility to sell a flat will be determined when you submit the resale application subsequently.
- Upon registration, you will also receive information about the Ethnic Integration Policy/ Singapore Permanent Resident (EIP/ SPR) Quota for your block, status of upgrading, billing of upgrading costs, and recent transacted prices of nearby flats.
- Submit your resale application within the 12 months validity of your Intent to Sell.
What do I do after registering an Intent to Sell?
After completing the Intent to Sell, the resale portal will direct you to download the OTP and compute your estimated sale proceeds. You are required to wait for the completion of the 7-day cooling-off period before granting an OTP to the buyers.
Are you eligible to sell? Ohmyhome has area-specific top property agents in Singapore with the fastest average speed of sale! Book our Property Agent Service now!
- How to Register Intent to Buy?
- Money and Time-Saving Tips on HDB Transactions
- Timeline of Buying a Condo in Singapore for Foreigners
- Benefits of Engaging a Mortgage Consultant
- 3 Reasons to Consult a Mortgage Broker
While the Information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of the Information. The Information may change without notice and Ohmyhome is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored or in any way interpreted and used by a user.