Toa Payoh is a mature estate located in the northern part of the Central Region of Singapore. It is part of District 12, categorised under Rest of Central Region (RCR). The first BTO exercise of 2020 took place on 11 February 2020, where units offered are located in Toa Payoh; Kim Keat Ripples and Toa Payoh Ridge. Let’s find out what this estate has to offer currently and in the future.
Why Choose Toa Payoh When Buying Your BTO:
Talking of connectivity, you may wonder, “How many MRT stations are there in Toa Payoh?”. Not just one or two. It’s seven!
The seven stations within Toa Payoh:
- North-South Line (NSL) stations – Toa Payoh and Braddell
- Circle Line (CCL) stations – Tai Seng, Bartley and Caldecott which is also a future interchange for Thomson East-Coast Line (TEL)
- North-East Line (NEL) stations – Woodleigh and Potong Pasir
- New MRT stations – Bright Hill Station, a future interchange station for the new TEL and Cross Island Line (CRL) will be open in 2020 and 2029 respectively.
- Enhanced inter and intra town connectivity – By 2022, there will be a seamless walking and cycling route from Bishan and other towns along the Kallang River to the city centres. Residents can expect an upgraded underpass below Central Expressway and a new cycling bridge across Braddell Road and Pan Island Expressway.
Toa Payoh is well known for famous local foods; a good number of Singapore’s top hawkers are here! Shopping (including groceries) can be done in a handful of places like HDB Hub’s NTUC Fairprice, Balestier Hill Shopping Centre, Serangoon Central’s Cold Storage and Shaw Plaza. Explore recreational areas with your family at places such as SAFRA Toa Payoh, MacRitchie Reservoir and Bishan Park.
- Opening of Toa Payoh Town Centre, a one-stop convenience – Look forward to vibrant sports and community hub! Nearby, Toa Payoh Town Park will have new sports and community facilities.
- New and upgraded community clubs – Toa Payoh West Community Club (co-located with a new NKF dialysis centre) will comprise new facilities to better serve the public.
3. Healthcare, Education and Employment
If you have a medical emergency that requires immediate attention, fret not. World-class clinics and hospitals such as NHGP Toa Payoh Polyclinic, Mount Alvernia Hospital and Thomson Medical Centre are 3.3km (less than 10 minutes’ drive) away from Toa Payoh Central.
Parents, you can rest easy knowing there’s a number of schools within close proximity. There are educational institutions such as First Toa Payoh Primary School, Catholic High School, CHIJ Secondary School, Raffles Institution, Curtin Singapore and Global Indian International School.
- New healthcare institutions – New nursing homes at Potong Pasir Ave 1 (co-located with a senior care centre) and Venus Drive. Mount Alvernia Hospital, will have a new wing for family-centric healthcare services (slated for completion in 2021).
- New employment node – More job opportunities with Bishan Sub-regional Centre (SRC) that will be integrated with community facilities and workers.
Looking for a resale home in Toa Payoh instead? Check out over 10,000 of our genuine and unique listings or search on the go and negotiate with sellers directly, for free!